115 Club – a youth club for 10 to 15 year olds
When? Fortnightly on a Friday from 7.00pm till 9.00pm (term time)
Where? Church Hall, Priors Hill
Some of our regular events include:
- Club night – hang out with your friends, play pool, table tennis or bring your own things to do. We have a uni hockey set that is always fun to play, plus lots of games and stuff for crafts.
- Hike and kip – sometimes we get dropped off at Pizza Hut in West Swindon, have a meal, walk back and sleep in the church hall overnight. An early start in the morning is rewarded with a cooked breakfast. If we don’t go out for a meal, we do a circular walk, try not to get too lost, come back for a very late soup supper. It’s one of our highlights.
- Quiz and chips – see if your team can beat the leaders! Often, it is the members who create the quiz and the leaders don’t always know the answers! Chips are a welcome break in the middle.
- Scavenger hunts & Treasure hunts – how many different bits of rubbish can you fit in a matchbox? You’d be surprised!! See how lost you can get in Clouts Wood!
- Easter egg hunt in the church at Easter. Have a go at ringing the bells while you’re there.
- Amazingly Silly Games – featuring beetles, balloons, flour and sticky stuff!
- Masterchef – who can make the most exquisite or ‘interesting’ dish?
- Trampolining, Laserquest, Skittles …… and much, much more
We normally run an action packed residential weekend in the spring or summer term, at Viney Hill Christian Adventure centre in the Forest of Dean.
We also support a child through the World Vision organisation, who lives in Albania and would not be able to attend school if the 115 Club didn’t help financially – we occasionally do fundraising events for this and other causes
Oh, and not forgetting the tuck shop! Always available when we are based in the church hall. We can cater for most dietary needs too!
We currently have a waiting list for the club. To find out further information, ask questions or to put a child’s name on the waiting list please email:
Info for parents/carers: All 115 Club Leaders are experienced in youth work, and hold Enhanced Plus DBS Clearance Certificates. We operate under the Safeguarding requirements and guidelines, as set out by the Bristol Diocese