Baptism of Christ
8am No service
10am Morning Worship
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there will be no service in the church building. You can join us in one of two ways:
– On the Telephone (Phone: 03300 945 940; Room number: 60527473#; PIN: 2656#)
– Live on our YouTube channel (search for ‘Wroughton and Wichelstowe Parish Church’)
4pm Church at 4 via Zoom
Join the Church at 4 group on our Facebook page for the meeting invite and password.
Tuesday 12th January at 7.30pm
Unlike the last lock-down, the Government has chosen not to dictate a general closure of all places of worship in England. This reflects the fact that there have been very few cases of Covid-19 transmission in places of worship and also the importance of corporate worship to the general wellbeing and morale of people of faith. In the Church of England, the decision about whether or not to remain open is being taken at local parish level.
The Standing Committee (SC) of the PCC met this week to decide how we should respond to the new national lock-down and whether our church should remain open. After much discussion and debate the SC decided that we will not be holding services in church for the time being. Reasons for this include:
- A Covid-19 case rate in Wroughton, Wichelstowe and Chiseldon that is higher than the national average, and climbing (doubling in a week).
- The older demographic of our congregation, which means people are more vulnerable.
- The availability of people to act as stewards to help keep everyone safe as we move around the building.
- The fact that last week the majority of our congregation chose not to come to church and joined us either on the telephone or watched on YouTube.
This decision will be reviewed when the PCC meets on 1st February.
10am Telephone service
- To join the Sunday service first dial this number: 03300 945 940.
- When prompted, enter the room number, followed by # on your telephone keypad: 60527473 #
- Finally, enter the guest PIN: 2656 #
- You may have to listen to some announcements, but you will then be automatically joined to the conference call. Join in with the responses in the liturgy as you would normally.
Calls to ‘03’ numbers are charged at the standard national rate and are included in your ‘free minutes’ if you have a call-plan.
Live streaming the 10am service
The 10am service will be live streamed on You Tube. As well as getting video, the sound quality should be better than the phone. However, unlike the telephone option, you will not be able to interact with other people or to be heard in the service. We don’t recommend trying to use both You Tube and the phone at the same time as this could cause an echo on the phone line, there is also a delay of about 30 seconds which is very off-putting. Please visit our YouTube Channel on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6wnuTqXBYTixq-NpQgeLQ and press the ‘subscribe’ button.
Opening the church building for private prayer
The church building will be open for private prayer between 12pm and 1pm on Wednesdays. We need a rota of volunteers to cover two 30 minute slots each week whilst the church is open. Please contact Revd Phill if you’re able to do this.
This vital piece of life saving equipment is now available in the cabinet in the church porch. It has been registered with the ambulance service so that they can direct members of the public to find it in an emergency.
Please remember the friends and family of Frances Maisey.